The new school session is fast approaching, and with it comes the long list of back-to-school items ready for you to hunt down. Your kids must have already prepared the list for you, including school supplies, books, bags, uniforms, shoes, lunch accessories, etc. It is a whole new world of learning, growing, and exploring for them, which is always backed by your guidance and support. And as a parent, you also look for the best for your little ones and pick every little thing yourself so that it doesn’t make your child lack in any aspect of life. So to save your sanity, here is a quick guide on buying good quality boots like ROC school shoes.
There’s no hidden fact about how difficult it is to choose products for today’s kids, and school shoes are no different. You need to look for the shoes that keep you and your child happy, while the shoes you choose need to meet all the criteria that you as a parent would want, such as functionality, cost, and durability. At the same time, it should be acceptable at your child’s school. And as if this pressure of buying the right kind of shoes is not enough, you are faced with the challenge of purchasing the one pair that appeals to your child’s sensibilities.
Hence, scroll down and read this article if you don’t want to splurge on school shoes this year to find out your child is uncomfortable with the shoes or has outgrown them in a month or two.
What to Look for When Buying ROC School Shoes?
Kids spend most of their time playing instead of sitting. They are always active before school begins, during lunchtime, during sports, and even after school, so their shoes must be built for physical activity. Therefore, when buying school shoes, make sure:
- It should fit nicely in both length and width.
- It should have a midsole that bends at the toes.
- It should offer plenty of room for the toes.
- Its insole or sock liner should be comfortable, soft, and made of an absorbent fabric to reduce sweating.
- It should have easy fastening capabilities like velcro straps, buckles, or laces.
- It should have a firm heel counter at the back of the shoe for extra cushioning
- It should not be heavy, while the ideal kids’ shoe weighs around 250 grams.
Also, here are a few practical tips to help you choose the right shoes for your kids:
Find out What Is Acceptable at the School
The first thing you need to do is find out what is acceptable at your child’s school. Most schools have restrictions on the colour and styles of shoes for different uniforms. So before you begin your hunt for the perfect pair of shoes for your child, check it with the school.
Measure Your Child’s Feet Properly
Your child will wear their school shoes for far more extended periods than any other shoes, approximately 8 hours a day and five days a week. Therefore, they must fit your child perfectly, not just for the comfort but from the point of view of foot health now and later in adulthood. So, measure your child’s feet correctly and always allow room for growth because a child’s feet can grow up to 2 full sizes in a year.
When to Replace Your Child’s School Shoes
The four signs that your child needs a new pair of boots like ROC school shoes are:
- When you can see holes in the toes or the heels are worn out.
- When there is a lot of wear on the side or scuff marks.
- When toes are touching the end of the shoes.
- When the tread on the bottom of the shoes has worn away, making the shoes very slippery.