The youth is fascinated by the IAS exam. That is why he appears in the examination conducted by UPSC. We have brought important information related to Indian Administrative Service for you. Know in detail about What is the full form of IAS. You can join to best IAS Coaching in Dehradun.
The status of an IAS officer is very important in the administrative service. In difficult circumstances, this officer has to play his role. The attraction of this post is very high. Let us know about it in detail.
History of Indian Administrative Service
- This post has been implemented in the administrative service for many years. The history of this post is important. Let’s know in detail.
- Before independence, the civil service in the East India Company was divided into three categories.
- Contracted, Unaffiliated, and Special Civil Services.
- The three departments had their own working style.
- The third special department included the Indian Forest Service, Royal Police, and the Indian Political Service.
- After 1893, an annual examination started to be held to select its officers.
- Earlier, the Indian civil service was an Indian civil service exam. Later it was changed to IAS.
- From 1951 to 1979, an IAS candidate was required to give two additional papers, and three optional papers to be eligible for Indian Administrative Service or Indian Foreign Service.
What is the full form of IAS?
It is considered a very important post in the Indian Administrative Service. The full form of IAS is something like the Indian Administrative Service.
Indian Administrative Officer.
- Successful candidates in the UPSC exam are trained at the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration, Mussoorie, Uttarakhand.
- This is an important post in the Indian Administration Service, so we will know what is the qualification of a candidate to become an IAS.
How to become an IAS officer?
The educational qualification has been prescribed to get this post. It is necessary to pass the exam which is taken to become an IAS.
Know what is the qualification for this.
- To become an IAS officer, it is necessary for any candidate to complete graduation.
- Along with this, the candidate has to pass the Civil Services Examination conducted by UPSC.
- The Civil Services Examination is held in three stages. Pre, Main, and Interview.
- To give this exam, the candidate must be a citizen of India.
- For this exam, the age of the candidate should be 21 years.
- A candidate can give this exam 6 times. The number of attempts varies according to the reservation status.
What are the duties of the Indian Administrative Service?
- We have got information about IAS’s full form and educational qualifications for it.
- Now we know what are the duties of an IAS officer.
- Responsible for the maintenance and protection of law and order.
- Strives to improve the day-to-day affairs of the country.
- Promptness in the execution of policies and decision-making.
- To properly determine the funds coming from the government.
- Various Government Undertakings To Recognize Citizens And Implement The Benefits Of Government Schemes.
- Ias selected officer has to work as SDM Joint Collector Chief Development Officer.
- Along with this, the same candidate is also selected for the post of District Magistrate or Commissioner.
- The pay scale of an Indian Administrative Service officer is above the super time scale i.e. up to 67, 000. Changes keep on happening from time to time.
Facilities available to IAS officers
Good facilities are given to the officers who make IAS along with the prestige of the post.
- IAS officer is given official residence.
- Along with cooks for cooking, a gardener is given to take care of the garden.
- A vehicle facility is provided for going to and from the office.
- Internet telephone and mobile charges are also given.
- A monthly pension is given after retirement.
Friends, in this article we have presented detailed information about What is the full form of IAS. To become an IAS, this information has been brought to you about what is the educational eligibility, and qualifications, as well in this article we have given information about the salary range of the officer and the facilities given to him. An attempt has been made here to answer all the questions that may arise in the context of IAS. This article will prove suitable for you. Must share this with your friends.