No matter what the industry, your business’ online presence can have a significant effect on your success. In fact, having a strong online presence in the form of a website can generate more revenue. Of course, the quality of the site matters as well, but the purpose of this blog is to stress the importance of having a business website and the myths associated with the same.
Over the years, I’ve often come across businesses hesitant about getting a website made, mainly because they think they’re not tech-savvy enough! Others are apprehensive about the pricing of getting a site made. But the good news is that you don’t quite need to be tech-savvy or pay a hefty sum. Even a simple website would be enough to increase your business’ credibility online. However, when creating a website, it’s important to have realistic expectations and a proper understanding of what’s achievable and what’s not. In this post, we’d discuss common myths about web design in Ireland and the difference between design expectations and reality.
Common Design Myths/ Expectations and the Actual Reality
- Designing the Website Yourself: There’s a common notion among people that they can handle the aspect of website design on their own, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. In reality, it takes a lot of time and hard work to come up with a professional website. So, unless you have experience in website design, you’d most likely be unable to meet your expectations or deliver on your goal.
- Building a Perfect Website: People want their website to be perfect, but in reality, there’s no such thing as perfect! Every website has flaws, and there’s always room for innovation and improvement. Of course, you can have a website made that you are proud of or one that meets your needs, but almost all websites need to be tweaked every now and then, to maximize the output.
- Website Will be Popular: Building a website alone doesn’t guarantee success. In order to make it successful and be able to drive more traffic, you’d need to promote it. You can do so by making use of SEO, or opting for paid and social media advertising. According to web design experts, no website can be successful without a thorough plan to generate traffic.
- Website Will Make Lots of Money: Most people build websites in hopes of it making money or generating revenue for them. However, there’s no guarantee of it. In order for your website to generate revenue, you’d need the right web design and a definite plan. If you are in Ireland and want to get a professional website made, one that would generate revenue for your business, we’d recommend connecting with a reliable and professional company that deals in web design in Cork.
- Website Would Look Good on All Devices: Designing a site that looks and functions well on all devices may not always be possible. However, if you really want your website to be responsive and to look good on all devices, whether accessed on a desktop or on a mobile device, you should join hands with a professional website design and development company. They’d make sure that your site is easy to access and user-friendly across all devices.
- No Need for Site Maintenance: Most business owners think that they don’t need to worry about the website once the site goes live, but that’s a myth! Your work is not done. In order to have your site running smoothly and keeping it in sync with industry trends, you need to update it every now and then. When you opt for a reliable company for web design in Ireland, they’d also be able to handle the development bit and the eventual maintenance of the website. You can even check out the maintenance packages of other companies in Ireland.
There’s a common notion among small business owners that they don’t need a website when in reality, in today’s digital world, they’re an absolute necessity. Beautifully designed websites are a great way of promoting your business and connecting with probable customers. If you plan on leveraging the true power of digital marketing and experiencing increased traffic to your site, we’d recommend getting a good website made. If you don’t know how to go about it, we’d suggest reaching out to a popular and reliable company dealing in web design in Cork.
No matter what your needs be, it’s always best to keep realistic expectations from your website. By understanding the difference between expectations and reality, you get to avoid disappointment and come up with a successful website. A good web design agency would not only get you a beautiful website, but would also make sure that it’s functional, effective, and user-friendly.
Photo by Tranmautritam: https://www.pexels.com/photo/full-frame-shot-of-computer-326514/