Tittibhasana is a special yoga posture, which gives many benefits to health. In Tittibhasana, the weight of the body is lifted on the strength of the hands and balance is maintained. It is a complex yoga posture that requires both strength and balance and can be learned through consistent practice. New practitioners should not practice this yoga without the help of a yoga instructor. In this yoga posture, the yoga posture appears similar to that of Tittibha and hence the name Tittibhasana. Whereas in English it is called Firefly Pose.
If you are a fitness freak and want to know more about yoga poses, then you can join a 200 hour yoga teacher training in bali.
Benefits of Firefly Pose:
If the Tittibhasana yoga posture is done with the right technique and taking care of special things, then it can provide many health benefits –
1. Tittibhasana to make the muscles flexible and strong
Tittibhasana stretches many important parts of the body, with the help of which the muscles there increase flexibility and strength.
2. Tittibhasana removes belly fat
Tittibhasana is one of the major yoga postures, with the help of which sufficient stretch is brought in the outer part of the abdomen and due to this gradually the fat starts reducing.
3. Tittibhasana accelerates digestion
By practising Tittibhasana with the right technique, the internal organs of the stomach start working actively by stimulating and at the same time problems like constipation and flatulence do not develop.
4. Tittibhasana Improves Mood
This yoga posture not only benefits physically but it also improves mental health. Due to this, symptoms like anxiety and stress start reducing and the mood starts to remain good.
However, the health benefits of Tittibhasana completely depend on the method of yoga asana and your health condition.
How to do Tittibhasana:
If you are going to practice Tittibhasana for the first time, following steps may help you to make this yoga pose –
- First of all, lay a mat on a flat ground and sit on it in Adho Mukha Svanasana yoga posture.
- Now keeping the hands stable, bring the feet near the hands while walking.
- Take out the legs from both the sides of the hands and hold the calves with the hands
- Now bring the hands behind the thighs as much as possible and keep the hands on the ground
- The thumb and forefinger of your hand should be around the heel of the foot.
- Now slowly try to sit by bending the knees and keep the back of the legs close to the shoulder
- Now keeping the balance, lift the legs in the air and slowly straighten them.
- After the body is stable, straighten the arms and try to raise the body with the help of the force of the hands.
You can do this yoga kriya for the duration as per your capacity and then gradually come back to normal state, if you have any question related to it. So contact a good yoga instructor.
Precautions during Tittibhasan:
Tittibhasana practice is usually done under the supervision of a yoga instructor and during this it is necessary to take the following precautions –
- Warm up well before starting yoga
- Allow only this stretch in the body as much as possible and do not allow any kind of shock.
- If the leg is not going to the neck, do not try to do so by force
- Keep full attention on the yoga posture so that you do not face any problem in maintaining balance
When not to do Tittibhasana:
There are some health conditions during which a doctor’s permission should be taken before practising Tittibhasana –
- Do not practice if there is pain or serious injury to any part of the body
- high or low bp
- respiratory or heart disease
- Old age or disability (which makes it difficult to maintain balance)
- menstruation or pregnancy