World

Palestinian youth shot dead by Israeli army

At least 31 people were injured at the Palestinian Red Crescent Medical Services site and in a nearby village

A Palestinian man has been shot dead by Israeli forces in the northern city of Nablus on the fifth day of a military operation in the occupied West Bank, the health ministry said.

The ministry said the young man, identified as Muhammad Hassan Muhammad Asaf, 34, was shot in the chest by Israeli occupying forces during an offensive in the city of Nablus on Wednesday (April 13th), according to AFP.

The Israeli military did not immediately return calls for comment, but said earlier that it was conducting “counter-terrorism operations” in Nablus and other West Bank cities.

Meanwhile, 31 people were injured at the Palestinian Red Crescent Medical Service site and a nearby village, 10 of them by fire.

The Israeli military has stepped up raids and arrests in the West Bank after four attacks in Israel killed 14 people in the past three weeks, including last week’s shooting in the center of Tel Aviv’s coastal metropolis.

According to AFP, Israeli forces killed 16 Palestinians, including the attacker, at the same time.

Meanwhile, the Palestinian Prisoners Club reported 14 new arrests overnight in the West Bank.

Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett said, “We will not accept such an attack on our holy site on the eve of the passover.”

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button