There are many factors to consider when searching for a roofing contractor who will meet your needs. Agave Roofing understands how important it is to have a reliable roofer handle your project.
Selecting a Good Roofing Company in San Antonio, Texas
These are some tips to help you choose a local roofing contractor.
- Experience – Find a reputable and experienced roofing contractor with previous experience on similar projects. You should ask them to show you their work on local structures.
- Insurance – Customers often ask prospective roofers if they are licensed. Verify that the roofing contractor in San Antonio, Texas, has a valid license. Professional roofing contractors can be accredited by well-respected roofing companies.
- Types of Work – You should be able to ask your roofer if he has done the type of job you require. If you are looking to have a commercial roof installed they should be able tell you what commercial roofing projects they have done and how different or similar they were.
- Workmanship Warranty – Roofing contractors typically offer workmanship warranties. You may think that a longer warranty is better for you as a customer. However, this is not always true. The contractor’s intention and ability to honor the warranty promise is far more important than its length.
Good roofing contractors may offer a 25-year workmanship guarantee, which basically covers the roof’s lifetime. The warranty the roofer gives is different than the manufacturer’s. This warranty covers roofing material. You will be provided with information about each and how they work by a reliable contractor. Even if the workmanship warranty expires, they will still stand behind their work.
- Insurance Claims – An experienced roofing contractor will tell you that he will work with your insurance company in the event of a claim. Sometimes roofs are damaged by natural events like storms. You should expect the contractor to visit your home and help you with your insurance claim. A roofing contractor who is hesitant to deal with insurance companies should be avoided.
The contractor should discuss with their customers whether permit costs are included in the estimate. The contractor should also discuss the requirements for obtaining a permit, how they will post zoning notices, and whether inspections are planned. You can see that there are many things you need to do before hiring a roofing contractor in San Antonio, Texas.