India, ranking second among the highest populated nations worldwide, is a land of exquisite cultures, diverse religions, a significant number of traditions and flavorful tastes. Across the country, food is one of the most crucial topics of conversation among Indians. Every state of India can proudly boast of its signature cuisines. If you wish to try these must-eat regional cuisines, you need not go anywhere. While travelling on the train, you can experience these fantastic dishes right on your train seat. All thanks to online e-catering vendors that have made it possible.
RailRestro is one of the best online platforms that come up with limitless food options to choose from. It offers an e-catering facility in more than 7000 trains. A train passenger is just one click away from healthy, nutritious and yummy food on trains. If you are curious to learn how to order food in trains, you only need a valid PNR number. Grab your desired food quickly with the PNR number and refresh your mood like never before.
What is a PNR number and why is it necessary for food ordering on trains?
Every train traveller is assigned a unique 10-digit IRCTC PNR number printed on the top left corner of the ticket. It’s a digital identification of a train traveller. PNR stands for “Passenger Name Record.” As the name suggests, it stores information about the traveller and his train journey.
You can use that PNR number to order food on train with RailRestro. Select your desired station and receive your seal-packed food parcel on time.
Why should you opt for RailRestro to order online food on the train?
- FSSAI-approved restaurant partners – Good food can help you grow leaps and bounds. However, bad food can take a toll on your health. Keeping these valuable aspects in mind, RailRestro ropes in only those restaurants verified by FSSAI. These restaurants hygienically prepare food with utmost sanitation and cleanliness. If you are still eating pantry car foods or carrying heavy lunchboxes, it’s time to gear up for online food with RailRestro.
- Online Food Delivery on All Types of Trains – With more than 2000 food partner restaurants across India, RailRestro is unarguably the best app for food delivery in train RailRestro is known to deliver food across 450+ Stations in India. With such a remarkable reach, it wouldn’t be inappropriate to say that RailRestro is omniscient.
- Never-ending food options – Food is a great way to make friends. Right? With RailRestro, you get innumerable food options to choose from. Ranging from international cuisines to regional dishes, you crave it, and RailRestro transports it to your train seat. So, if you are travelling with your friends and want to make your venture memorable, try group food orders in trains and let the food do the talking. By the way, have you tried Pizza on trains? If not, then try it because it tastes great!
Check out some easy-peasy steps to order food in trains and master the art of online food ordering.
Steps to order food on trains using your railway PNR
Learn how to order food in train using PNR by going through he steps given here:
- Step 1 – You can visit the official website of RailRestro, which is www.railrestro.com or install the mobile app of RailRestro from the Google Play Store.
- Step 2 – Enter your 10-digit PNR number in the given space. Your mobile/laptop screen will display a list of restaurants and food listed on the portal.
- Step 3 – Go through the list to select the restaurant and the food you wish to order.
- Step 4 – The selected food will be added to the cart and you’ll find a display of your bill total for the meal on the screen.
- Step 5 – Hit the checkout button, and you will be diverted to the payment page.
- Step 6 – Select the suitable payment option.
If you wish to pay online, you can do that via debit cards, credit cards, internet banking, Paytm, PayUMoney or Freecharge wallets. However, opt for the “Cash on Delivery” (COD) option if you want to pay your bill offline. You won’t be charged a single penny for food delivery at your seat.
Step 7 – Take a rest. Your favourite food will be served at your train berth once your train reaches your preferred station.
You can also reach us by phone using the Toll-Free Number 8102202203. Provide the relevant details and your order will be placed.
Online platforms such as RailRestro have immensely influenced people’s perception of online food on trains. With RailRestro, the hygiene of food is no longer an issue. Whether you have a knack for eating Hyderabadi biryani or want to eat Jain food in trains, RailRestro is on its toes to cater to your needs. From Bihar’s Litti Chokha to Kashmir’s Rogan Josh, you can taste anything with Railrestro.
Firstly, get your ticket confirmed. Secondly, follow simple steps on how to order food in trains and enjoy your delectable meal after placing your online food order. Install the RailRestro app today to check what’s your favourite food.