As the uncertainty of the pandemic continues unabated, anxiety and fear are constantly growing in the minds of the people. Besides, there are various misinformation, scams and frauds related to Covid-19 vaccine that have been surfacing with each passing day. In fact, the pandemic has led to a new disease called Infodemic which is even deadlier than the Covid-19 pandemic. Confusions and conflicting theories are popping up every now and then. There are endless lists of doubts cropping up.
Adding to the chaos are also the various testing options for Covid -19. It might be sometimes difficult to differentiate and determine which testing option would be the best choice. It is even more important to understand the rate of accuracy for the testing options and when to expect the results. To help you with your decision, Covid Testing Los Angeles through this article provides you with information related to how accurate the rapid COVID testing is, how you can get a same day COVID testing done and how to avail free PCR test in Los Angeles.
How Accurate is the Rapid PCR test?
Rapid PCR test is categorized the viral test that helps in identifying active Covid-19 infections. The sample is collected using the nasal swab procedure and tries to detect the nucleic acid of the Covid virus in your sample. The test results are available in an hour or so. As far as the accuracy is concerned, the rapid PCR tests are highly accurate just like the RT-PCR test.
However, there are certain factors that may impact the result of the test. Factors, such as, the time when the sample was taken and the brand of the test plays a significant role in determining the accuracy of the test. For instance, if the sample is taken in the week you started seeing the symptoms, the results will be very accurate as the virus will be thriving in your system during this period.
Benefits of Rapid PCR Test
As compared to the other types of COVID Testing, the rapid PCR test is more beneficial as it is highly accurate and the results can be obtained the same day. Other benefits are as follows:
- When you are short of time, a rapid PCR test will meet your requirements.
- If you have plans for traveling, then this test is the best option for you.
- This test is also advantageous for those living in vulnerable groups.
- Same day results will ensure your peace of mind.
Is it Mandatory to Get Covid-19 Test Done Without Symptoms?
In Los Angeles, it is not mandatory to get the covid -19 test done if you don’t have any symptoms. But it is mandatory for those who are experiencing the symptoms of the virus. Some of the symptoms are:
- Nose Congestion
- Runny nose
- Difficulty in breathing
- Body ache
- Sore throat
- Loss of smell or taste
How to Avail Free Covid Testing in Los Angeles?
In a city like Los Angeles, it is essential to have as many Coronavirus testing facilities as possible since the area is densely populated. Most of the Covid testing clinics in Los Angeles offer free covid testing even to those without insurance. So if you notice the symptoms of the virus then it is best to make an appointment with the nearest clinic. Some clinics might also accept walk-ins as well.
Is COVID Testing Required After Being Fully Vaccinated?
As per the FDA, an individual who has been fully vaccinated does not require the antibody tests. However, after being vaccinated, if you were in contact with a person who was infected then you are advised to get the test done after 5 days. If you start noticing the symptoms of the virus then it is best to isolate oneself and wear a well fitted mask to restrain the virus from spreading. Also avoid mingling around those who are at a high risk for infection.
FDA Recommendations for Those Who Wish to Take Antibody Tests
The antibody test is conducted to detect if an individual has the antibodies of the virus in their system or not. The presence of the protein indicates a past infection of Covid-19. However more research is still required to have a proper understanding.
- For those not vaccinated: If the antibody test result is positive it does not specifically mean that your system has the immunity to protect yourself from the virus infection. The positive results of your tests signify the possibility of being infected. So it is important to discuss the results of your test with your healthcare provider.
- For those fully vaccinated: Even if you are fully vaccinated, you cannot lax from following the recommendations set by the CDC. It is important to understand that the positive result of your antibody test may mean that you were previously infected by the virus or it could be due to the vaccination. However, a vaccination may not necessarily cause positive results in the entire antibody test. Also the positive result of your test does not indicate that you have a strong immunity to the virus. So always discuss it with your healthcare provider.