Bongs are smoking devices that filter smoke through water before it enters your lungs. Not only does it make smoking much easier than rolling a joint or packing a blunt, but it also provides pure hits that feel sensational. Glass and plastic are two of the most common materials used to make bongs. While gripper bongs are a thing, it comes down to which is better: glass or plastic bongs?
- Glass bongs are trendy because they not only look great, but they can also make your hits feel smoother. They also come in various shapes, sizes, and prices.
- The main advantage of using a glass bong is that it performs better than other types of bongs. Glass is excellent for keeping your smoke nice and smooth as it travels through your bong. Glass bongs frequently include extra features like percolators and diffused downstems to make your hits feel even better.
- Glass bongs are, by definition, more fragile than plastic bongs. Although many are made of high-quality borosilicate glass, making them relatively strong and sturdy, a glass bong can still crack or smash if it falls onto a hard surface or is subjected to excessive heat.
- When it comes to glass bongs, maintenance is also essential. Residue and bacteria can quickly accumulate on glass, so you’ll need to disinfect it with rubbing alcohol or a specialty cleaner. Cleaning a glass bong isn’t difficult and shouldn’t be a deal-breaker.
- Plastic bongs are another popular option, particularly if you dislike glass bongs. While many types of plastic are not suitable for withstanding heat or fire, acrylic bongs are an excellent option for those looking for a cheap, effective, and long-lasting bong.
- The main advantage of using an acrylic bong is that they are highly durable. While even the most durable glass bongs can crack or break if dropped, you won’t have to worry about knocking your acrylic bong off the table or scratching it with something sharp. They’re an excellent choice if you’re clumsy or want a tough bong for on-the-go use.
- The main disadvantage is that they are not as effective as glass bongs. Compared to the cool and smooth hits of a glass bong, hits from plastic bongs frequently feel warm and stale, similar to taking a swig of water from a warm plastic bottle.
- Furthermore, while acrylic bongs come in various styles and sizes, they are rarely as fancy as glass bongs. They will not only not look as stylish or expensive, but they will also be less customizable and lack features such as percolators and interchangeable bowls.
Glass vs. Plastic Bongs: What’s Better?
Now that we have listed the pros and cons, it all comes down to your preference. On an honest note, when these devices are compared as a whole, glass bongs take the lead. They not only provide smoother hits and better overall performance but also look better and provide much more value for your money.