If you have undergone any previous treatment, especially glycolic acid or retinoid. Must stop taking these treatments one week before the cosmelan treatment. Don’t take cosmelan depigmentation peel while taking other depigmentation treatments.
It is strictly recommended not to interrupt the running treatment under any situation. Otherwise, the risk of melanin overproduction increases. If you fail to perfectly follow the aftercare instructions like regular sunblock or homecare recommendations, then the risk of reactivation of melanin production increases. Although there is no guarantee for any treatment, the specialists try their best. So, keep your expectations realistic.
The procedure of cosmelan peeling:
Unlike other peeling treatments, the process of cosmelan peeling is very easy as no specific pre-treatment preparations are required in advance to do.
Pre-treatment: Before the cosmelan treatment, consult a dermatologist to check your skin’s suitability with cosmelan peel. If the doctor recommends you as the right candidate for cosmelan peel , re-book the appointment for the actual peel treatment.
What to expect during the treatment?
Cosmelan Peel is a two-step process which involves:
- Before proceeding with the treatment, the dermatologist will clean your skin and apply a solution to degrease the area.
- Then the expert applies a thick layer of mud-like mask. It contains Phytic Acid, Arbutine, Azelaic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Kojic Acid, and Ascorbic acid as active ingredients.
- After application, the expert will leave this mask on the skin for 6-10 hours. Depending on your skin type and the intensity of hyperpigmentation to be treated, the time of mask application may vary.
- As the mask will remain on for a longer time on the face, you need to take a day off and relax at home.
- Once the recommended time of mask application is over, wash your face with a gentle cleanser to remove the mask.
- Immediately after washing your face, apply the Hydra-Vital Factor K cream over the treated area to restore moisture and soothe the new skin.
- You will be advised to apply a Cosmelan 2 anti-spot cream 2-3 times daily.
Important Note: After applying the prescribed cream Cosmelan 2, reddening on the face is expected and normal.
- Between the 3rd and 5th Days, flaking and peeling effects will occur. When flaking is more intense, repeat it after 2 hours. In this case, apply a prescribed hydrating cream (Hydra-vital K).
Cosmelan side effects:
- After treatment, especially during the first few hours, slight burning, redness and tightening of the skin are normal.
- You will experience noticeable redness and peeling effects in the first 4 to 5 days after the treatment.
- Itching is also possible due to the sensitivity of the skin.
- To reveal these, it is advised to apply Hydra-vital factor K whenever necessary.
What are the precautions for the treatments?
- Avoid excessive sweating for 2 weeks as it may cause additional sensitivity.
- Avoid exercise and heat from hairdryers etc., for the next 24-48 hours.
- During the recovery time, it is suggested not to scratch, itching, peel or scrape any loose skin as it may result in permanent scarring.
- Avoid sun exposure and tanning beds for at least one month.
- To prevent pigmentation from returning, wear full-spectrum sunscreen to protect your new skin.
- Refrain from waxing the treatment area for 2 weeks.
- In post-procedure, it is recommended not to use glycolic acid or retinoid for at least one month.
- Refrain from using chlorine for 2 weeks.
- Strictly follow the home care instruction recommended by the specialist to maximize the results.
- It’s better not to wear makeup for 1-2 days after the treatment.
Tip: If it is necessary to wear makeup, mineral makeup or BB and CC creams with SPF are suggested.
- 1st Day:After washing your face with a cleanser upon returning home, apply the Hydra-Vital Factor K cream over the treated area. It helps in retaining the skin’s moisture and provides a soothing effect to the skin.
- 2nd Day: Firstly, clean the treated area, then apply provided sunblock and the Hydra-vital Factor K over it. Consult your skincare specialist for a follow-up appointment.
- From 3rd Day to 4th Week: After cleansing, continue applying the Hydra-vital Factor K, Cosmelan 2 and provide sunblock three times a day over the treated areas.
- From 5th week to 8th Week: After cleaning the treated area, continue applying the Hydra-vital Factor K and Cosmelan 2 twice daily.
- From 3rd month to 9th Month: As with all the steps explained above, after cleansing, apply a Hydra-vital K and cosmelan 2 once in the evening.
- After treatment, it may be recommended to use cosmelan 2 for 10-12 months to ensure melasma does not return.
- Don’t forget to use sunblock: Make sure you wear high-spectrum sunblock before going outside throughout the recovery after the treatment.
What are the benefits of Cosmelan peel?
- It is a popular peeling method used to treat depigmentation because of its compatibility with all skin types. It is compatible with all dark or light skin types.
- It provides fast depigmentation action.
- Other chemical peels hyperpigmentation is used to treat specific symptoms of melasma, while cosmelan peel is considered effective for treating all types of melasma.
- No harsh ingredients can be used during the treatment.
- Cosmelan treatment is very effective for acne patients.
- Satisfiable results will be visible in 2 weeks (fast results).
- It can be performed throughout the year (no restrictions for any season).
- Only one session is required.
- Reduces natural production of melanin.
Results of Cosmelan peel:
- Equal skin tone.
- Increase collagen production.
- Visible reduction in dark spots and pigmentation patches.
- Skin will start to look glower and brighter.
- After one week of the treatment, you will notice improved skin texture and some initial pigmentation fading effects.
Contradictions of cosmelan peel:
You should avoid this treatment if:
- You are pregnant.
- You have active rosacea.
- If used Accutane within the last 6 months.
How is Cosmelan peel effective for treating melasma?
Cosmelan peel London is used for those problems that are hard to treat. Most dermatologists or medical professionals recommend cosmelan depigmentation treatment for resolving hyperpigmentation or melasma problems because of its convenience and effectiveness.
How many sessions or treatments are required?
A single in-clinic treatment is required, but after that, 3 follow-up checkups are scheduled to see results and progress.
What is the average cost of cosmelan peel?
The cost of cosmelan peel may range from £1300 – £1800. Although, depending on the number of treatment area, cost will also vary. After a detailed consultation, the actual price will be determined.
What is the downtime for Cosmelan peel?
After the treatment, you may experience skin tightening, flaking, and little swollen effects. Avoid picking or pulling of flaking skin. The downtime for Cosmelan peel can vary from 4 to 14 days.
All the details about cosmelan peel are given above. After reading this blog, it’s easy to understand how cosmelan peel is better than other chemical peel hyperpigmentation. The purpose of using this procedure is to get rid of hyperpigmentation or melasma. Cosmelan peel is considered safe for all skin tones and types. Book your consultation on London Laser Clinic today.