Organic Fertilizer: Benefits and Precautions about- 1. Benefits of BioFertilizers 2. Method of Bio-Fertilizer Application 3. Precautions during Application of Bio-Fertilizers). Bio.SoilZ
Benefits of Bio-Fertilizers:
Following are the main benefits of organic fertilizers:
- Biofertilizers can be made at low cost and the method of making them is simple.
- Their use increases soil fertility and encourages sustainable agriculture production.
- The use of Biofertilizers increases the physical and chemical properties of the soil and the ability to hold water increases, the land can also be made fertile.
- Nitrogen deficiency in the soil can be fulfilled by the use of bacteria like Rhizobium, Azotobacter, and Aegisprilum.
- Cyanobacteria increase the amount of Organic Substance in the soil by secreting Protein, Amino Acids, Vitamins, etc. in the soil and also stabilize Nitrogen.
- The use of Mycorrhiza bio-fertilizer increases the surface area of the roots, VAM (Vesicular Arbuscular Mycorrhiza) is very important for Phosphate nutrition in Plants. The ability to absorb water and mineral salts from the land increases, due to which production increases.
- In the presence of VAM, there is a reduction in the disease-causing fungi and bacteria.
- Bio-fertilizers are produced by natural resources. Therefore, being environmentally friendly, they do not pollute the environment.
- Some bio-fertilizers like Azotobacter secretes anti-biotic substances.
Methods of Biofertilizer Application:
Biofertilizer is produced by living microorganisms. Therefore, care should be taken in their use so that microorganisms are not adversely affected.
There are generally four methods of using them:
(1) Seed Treatment,
(2) Seedling Treatment,
(3) Setts and Tuta Treatment,
(4) Soil Treatment,
(1) Seed Treatment:
Depending on the seed size of the crops sown by seed, the amount of biofertilizer is used. Normally 200gm. Biofertilizer is sufficient for the treatment of medium size seeds of 10-15 kg so that 400-500 ml ie a glass of water can make a solution.
After that put, this solution on 10-12 kg॰ Seeds, mix it well with your hands, and keep it on a clean sack/paper in a shady place to dry for a while (10-15 minutes). Sow immediately after this.
(2) Seedling Treatment:
The crops in which the Transplanting Crop is used for sowing. The roots of their baby plants are sown immediately after immersing them in the solution of Biofertilizers for 10-15 minutes. To make the solution, 1-2 kg of Biofertilizer is mixed with 5-10 liters of water in a large vessel.
(3) Panda and Tuber Treatment:
This method is used in crops like sugarcane, potato, etc. Generally, a solution of 2-4 kg॰ Biofertilizer in 20-40 liters of water is prepared on one acre of land. Treatment is done by immersing Selts or Tuta in this solution for 10-15 minutes or this solution is filtered and sprayed with a pump.
(4) Soil Treatment:
For short-duration crops, 3-5 kg॰ of Biofertilizer is mixed with 60-100 kg॰ of soil or indigenous manure of the same field. After sprinkling water and leaving it overnight, it is sprinkled on the standing crop in the field, and water is given to the crop.
If treatment is to be done in long-duration crops, then soil treatment is done according to the above method. Simply take up to 6-7 kg of organic fertilizer and take 100-120 kg of soil or indigenous manure.
Precautions in the use of biofertilizers:
The following precautions should be taken in using bio-fertilizers:
- At the time of their use and storage, keep them away from chemical fertilizers and pesticides.
- If insecticides are to be used, do it before treatment by Bio-fertilizers.
- While using Biofertilizer in any crop, keep in mind that along with that crop specific Nitrogen fixation biofertilizer must also use Phosphate soluble biofertilizer.
- Store organic fertilizers in a room where the temperature is 20-28°C.
- Store in such a place where sunlight does not fall directly.
- Use it only till the last use date mentioned on their packet.
- Rhizobium biofertilizer is crop specific. Therefore, use that Rhizobium organic fertilizer only in the crop specified on the packet.