Have you recently experienced the ‘Unable to scan Avast Mac‘ on your PC? It’s no big deal, and we can fix that in a flash! This ‘Error Message is all part of the Avast Anti-Virus Security Suite. It comes up when Avast, or Windows, can’t connect to their servers for updates. That’s why I want to share with you these easy steps to fix your Unable To Scan For Avast error message right away.
To fix Unable to scan avast Mac also read:
How to resolve Avast Files Unable To Scan?
If you are unable to scan files or folders with Avast Antivirus, then there could be several reasons behind it. Sometimes the Avast antivirus program gets into an error state while scanning or updating. The error might be because of a corrupted file or some issue in the settings. To resolve Avast files unable to scan, follow the steps given below:
1) Update Your Avast Antivirus
The first thing you have to do is update your antivirus program because an outdated version can show you this type of error.
Also know about:
If you don’t know how to update Avast antivirus, follow these steps:
- a) Open Avast user interface.
- b) Click on Settings > Update > Program.
- c) Now click on the “Update now” option located at the bottom of the screen.
- d) Wait till your antivirus program is updated.
2) Run SFC Scanner to Repair Corrupted System Files
If the above solution doesn’t work for you, then try to run the SFC scanner tool which will detect and repair corrupted system files. Follow these steps:
a) Open command prompt as administrator.
b) Type the command “SFC /scannow” and press enter.
How to resolve Avast Smart Scan Stuck?
If you are using Avast Antivirus, you might have encountered an error where the Smart Scan is stuck at %99. It is not a common error but it is still very annoying. Luckily, this error can be resolved in a few steps.
If your Smart Scan is stuck on 99%, follow these steps to resolve the problem:
- Open the Avast Antivirus program
- Right-click on the program icon in the notification area and select “Scan Computer”
- You will see that the second instance of Avast Antivirus opens up, along with a pop-up window with all previous scans listed
- Click on the entry that says “Smart Scan” and click “Fix”
- The program will begin fixing the issue and you will see a progress bar appear after a few seconds
- After it is done fixing, click “Finish” and then close all instances of Avast Antivirus by right-clicking on their taskbar icons and selecting “Close Window”